Great for Sunday mornings! Fluffy and moist and oh-so-sinful with all the chocolate…
Putting the chocolate chips in before cooking the pancakes may seem a little strange but they don’t sink to the bottom of the batter and are evenly dispersed and melt a lot more in the actual pancake.
For those who don’t like chocolate these pancakes will be excellent with fresh blueberries too.
Adapted from the Flat Belly Foods Guide
- 2/3 c whole wheat flour
- 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 c fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1/3 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk flours, cornmeal, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, yogurt, egg and oil in a large bowl until combined.
- Fold apple, then chocolate chips into batter.
- Coat large nonstick skillet with spray and heat over medium heat.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp of the batter into skillet for each pancake. Cook 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on surface and edges set. Flip to the other side.
- Cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.