This is one of my favourite salads, I have it at least 4 times a week 🙂
Blue Cheese goes very well with any nuts and berries or fruit. Strawberries, melon, or peaches make suitable stand-in. I’ve used different nuts – almonds, pecans, and pistachios.
The combination of all ingredients is exquisite and just right for a festive table.
Adapted from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook
- 1/2 cup walnuts (or any other nuts you like)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 large red or green pear (quartered, cored, and cut into thin slices)
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 bag pre-washed baby spinach
- 3 oz Blue cheese, crumbled
- Toast the walnuts in a large skillet over medium heat until fragrant, no more than 4 minutes.l
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl. Stir in the onion, then the pear and raisins. Add the spinach and toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among plates and top each with the reserved walnuts and Blue cheese before serving.