I’ve made this recipe for a few years now and it’s always excellent. I shared this recipe with my friend and her boyfriend proclaimed at first bite that this was by far the greatest soup she made! This soup makes great leftovers.
Adapted from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook
- 1 bag (16 oz) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- ¼ canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium fish sauce
- ¾ lb mixed seafood
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- Place 1 ½ cups of the corns and ½ cups of the broth in food processor or blender. Process until smooth and set aside
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and jalapeño pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add scallions and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish sauce, reserved corn-broth mixture, and remaining corn and broth. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in seafood, cilantro, and red pepper (if using).