Team’s Potluck Theme – Healthy. Great food!
Lately, I haven not been blogging regularly – our rehearsal schedule is jam-packed. We are 2 weeks away from debuting our new routine, this is what we are calling the “crunch phase” 🙂
Great rehearsal last night!
Knowing that on Saturday night a 4-hour rehearsal will be followed by the 3-hour costume fitting the girls decided to have a potluck to keep our energy levels up.
On the menu:
- Quinoa Salad with Kale;
- Buckwheat with Mushrooms;
- Chickpeas with Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Feta;
- Almond Biscotti and Fruits.
I have my favourite biscotti recipe but it’s somewhat time consuming. Since I was pressed for time yesterday I decided to try a new recipe which promised 45 min (including prep and cooking time).
Almond Biscotti (Yields 16)
Adapted from Healthy Heart Miracle Diet cookbook.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 raw organic sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (raw)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and almonds in a food processor and pulse until the almonds are chopped. Fold into the eggs to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet making 2 logs, leaving about 3 inches between. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325F.
- Use 2 spatulas to slide the logs to a cutting board. Cut into diagonal slices (1-inch wide). Place the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet and return to the oven. Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.