I once ate lemon-ricotta pancakes at Hotel Gelato, and from then on was hooked.
They are easy to make and you can show off. These citrusy pancakes are very light, rich in flavour and come out perfect every time. You’ll earn the title of Domestic Goddess after you serve them to your family and friends 🙂
Don’t skip the lemon zest – that’s what makes it!
- 1 c light ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Combine ingredients and blend until smooth
- Heat a large pan over medium heat; light coat the pan with butter or oil.
- Spoon batter into pan in batches using a 1/4-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot, topped with maple syrup and berries