2 weeks ago I started our 2013 Salsa training season. During this time I take my healthy eating to another level… everybody wants to look good in their Salsa costume 🙂 None of our dancers go on crush diets! We need to properly nourish our bodies in order to endure 3-5 hours exhausting practices. We all eat a well-balanced diet consisting of complex carbs, lean proteins and healthy fats; salt and sugar are eliminated. 10 weeks on this plan will give anyone that enviable dancer’s body: long, lean and svelte.
So let’s talk about Brussel sprouts. Many people can’t stand them. I think people hate them because they haven’t had a chance to try them prepared right. I have high hopes this recipe may convert Brussel sprouts-haters 🙂
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Cut the ends off each brussel sprout and cut them in half length
- Toss with garlic and oil; add salt and pepper.
- Spread it out on a baking sheet lined with foil (to minimize cleanup)
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender and started to get charred.
- While they’re still warm, toss the Brussels sprouts in balsamic vinegar.