Our Team at the 2011 Vancouver International Salsafestival
My friend and a fellow dancer Christian P. from Regina posted this question on his Facebook page. It made me think why I fell in love with this dance and this is what I came up with:
- It is a beautiful dance, very elegant and explosive at the same time.
- I love Salsa music – it always puts a smile on my face.
- Helps to manage stress.
- Builds self-confidence.
- You get a complete body workout while having fun. Some researchers claim you can burn up to 400 calories per hour!
- It improves balance and coordination. Try doing multiple spins without falling over 🙂
- Sharpens memory – I love learning new routines, it requires to memorize very intricate footwork.
- I love performing and everything that comes with it – beautiful Salsa costumes, creative makeup and hair.
- I have lots friends that I met through Salsa. I met my amazing boyfriend through Salsa!
- Makes you part of a global community. I’ve danced Salsa in Germany, Israel, Ukraine and the United States. It’s wonderful to see people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures dancing together.