The cake is really fabulous.The thing about this cake that you can experiment by adding new dried or candied fruit or a different type of nuts. I am not much of a baker but this cake is extremely easy to make and it’s always delicious.
I’ve seen similar cakes in the internet with the name “Lady’s Caprice” , “Three Meetings”, “Cleopatra.” Whatever the name, the cake is soooo tasty. A real fairy tale 🙂
- 1/2 cup flour x 3
- 1/2 cup sugar x 3
- 1 tsp baking powder x 3
- 1 egg – x 3
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yoghurt x 3
- 3-4 drops of brandy x 3
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup condensed milk
Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 8.5 inch round springform pan. Bake each layer for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- 1st layer – mix all the ingredients and stir in poppy seeds.
- 2nd layer – mix all the ingredients and stir in raisins.
- 3rd layer – mix all the ingredients and stir in walnuts.
Beat softened butter with condensed milk, set aside.
Place the walnut layer on a cake plate. Evenly spread 1/3 of the filling over. Top with the poppy seed layer and repeat. Finally, top with the raisin layer and cover the top and the sides with the remaining filling.