If you think you don’t like biscotti, you probably do. This recipe offers melt-in-your-mouth, crunchy, and nutty cookies.
Dip them in coffee.
Or dunk them in red wine 😛
They are addictive!
Adapted for Flat Belly Diet dieters.
1 ¼ c whole wheat flour ¼ granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
¼ tsp salt 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg ½ tsp almond extract
¼ c canola oil 1 ½ c ground almonds
¼ c water
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the egg, oil, water, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a small bowl. Stir in the almonds.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into a 1” thick loaf on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and firm, for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and slice into 1” thick pieces.
- Arrange cut side up on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a rack to cool fully.