Sometimes I make a batch of these yummy scones on the weekend. They freeze well and are great for a healthy breakfast-on-the-go or a late night snack. There is no added sugar and very little fat! I started baking them 3 years ago when I discovered Flat Belly Diet and they are somewhat a staple now.
Adapted from Flat Belly Diet Cookbook
2 c whole wheat flour ¼ c water
1 c pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) 2 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp baking powder 1 tsp orange zest, freshly grated
½ tsp baking soda 1/3 c dried black currants
½ tsp salt 1/3 c raisins
1 ¼ c low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Light coat a 9” round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour, pepitas, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the yogurt, water, oil, and orange zest in a small bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry; add black currants and raisins.
- Mix well until blended.
- Press into the prepared pan. Score the dough with a knife to form 8 triangles.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.